Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Spring Break Out Thread!!!! St Helens, Bull Gap, West Branch April 5-7

Administrator Of Breaking Stuff NeedAWD's Avatar

Official Spring Break Out Thread!!!! St Helens, Bull Gap, West Branch April 5-7

Hey everyone, this is going to be the first real trip of the year. Time to break out the Jeeps from the winter status and have some fun. I will be editing this post as details are defined.

The Plan: Saturday morning meet at Bull Gap 10am. After some fun on the hill head out for some trails working back towards the Rose City area. Sometime during the trails stop for a few for a break and lunch. Get back on the trails for a few more hours till we get back to the rose city area for dinner. Head to the motel for some relaxation before heading out for a night run towards the West Branch Area. Get back to the motel for some zzzz's . Sunday morning, head towards St Helens and explore the scramble area and trails before heading home Sunday evening.

Motel Info:
    We have a group discount started at the Scenic Motel in Rose City, their most expensive room I believe is 70 dollars for the night after all the taxes are added. Friday and/or Saturday nights will count towards the group discount. Once we hit 6 rooms everyone will get a 10% discount as long as they book under the "ORJ" group. More information on the motel is below. Friday night check in is by 11pm otherwise you have to call ahead and you can get a late check out(7pm) Sunday for an extra 15 dollars.

http://www.scenicmotel.com/
    Phone Number: 989-685-2668
    Contact at motel is Marge

Current Commitments
    Needawd
    STJKU
    Jeepless(now red lobster)
    Black Skull
    KBP810
    Orange Crush
    CaptK9
    05Wrangler plus tj friend.
    Plumber34
    Rodolo
    BackInTheLab
    Roshambo88
    Last edited by NeedAWD; 04-04-2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: updated information
    1999 Jeep Cherokee (For Sale) / 1997 Wrangler - TRLWHRE / 2012 JKU- Light Trail Duty/DD

Guy That Rolled his JEEP Black Skull's Avatar
    Sounds good. So I can leave my truck & trailer at cabins??

That's the plan, most cabin type resorts in that area are closed till may, I found a couple that say year round, trying to lock in a deal on one that seemed extremely reasonable. If we commit to a couple cabins or more I am hoping to either get a deal or have them let it slide on the two night minimum. They sleep up to 6 per cabin, two day minimum stay but only 80 per night. Plenty of parking and nice remote relaxing atmosphere. Also good chances for everyone to save by splitting a cabin.
    1999 Jeep Cherokee (For Sale) / 1997 Wrangler - TRLWHRE / 2012 JKU- Light Trail Duty/DD

i'm in. I have that weekend off

awesome, i am excited for this trip, its shaping up to be a really good one.

renee and i are in. let me know about the cabins

I also would like to know about the cabins when you figure it out.

24.99 All You Can Eat Red Lobster's Avatar
    I'm in for sure cant wait to go.

Updated the trip info and added motel information. The Scenic motel was more then welcoming and able to accommodate our group size if it is to grow further. They also have ample parking for truck and trailer. The wife and I plan on heading up Friday night after work. Settling in and then checking out the town. Everyone else is more than welcome to join us Friday night.

I plan on heading that way after work Friday. I just have to work till 730 Friday so I will be a later comer. I will be booking the room this weekend. I'm greatly looking forward to this outing.